(SOCIAL NEIGHBORHOOD EMPOWERMENT & HEALTH ADVOCACY PROGRAM)
We work with the rural Karnataka needy through feeding program, Children Parliament,
Education Program, Mobile clinic by conducting medical camps for the children and
elderly people of Chandanur Village in Gauribidanur Taluk
Introduction – Don Orione farm is situated at 16 Km of Gauribidanur city
in chandanur village. Chandanur has a population of 2000 families. The inhabitants
of these villages are exclusively farmers by profession. Our children parliament
works closely with the local school gathering children from these villages. Approximately
130 children take part in our activities. They and their parents receive health
care and education through our mobile clinic.
Our Objective –
1. To learn from children about their concepts, ideas, situations, challenges and
successes and relate them to child rights and child protection.
2. To develop self-confidence, self-awareness and self-esteem and to create opportunities
for them to meet and give their views on what matters to them and what is happening
in the world.
3. To develop and run specific projects and events that demonstrate ways in which
the rights of the child, as enshrined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights
of the Child, can be practically implemented, with specific reference to child protection
from a gender equity framework.
4. To link children to the services and resources of the Integrated child protection
Scheme and other government and non-government schemes that strengthen their protection.
5. To encourage opportunities for children to participate in local, national and
international forums and decision making processes to strengthen child protection.
6. To facilitate adults understand the meaning of children’s rights , protection
and citizenship and enable them to deliver them in their everyday lives and professional
7. To celebrate childhood, as well as their achievements and successes for child
8. To celebrate childhood, as well as their achievements and successes for child
9. 8.50% lowered morbidity and 10% lowered mortality will be ensured through providing
comprehensive clinic based and mobile health care services with specific reference
to child survival and safe motherhood and prevention management of preventable diseases
like HIV, TB, Malaria, diarrheal diseases and pneumonias and contagious morbidity
by the end of the fifth year.