Initiative - In the words of our founder “We will not ask a person coming
at our door if he has a name, but only if he is suffering”. Don Orione Daya Niketan
was born as an answer to the vision of our founder: “Only charity will save the
world” It is a day care center where people with learning disabilities are offered
various activities to nurture their abilities.
a. To provide a nutritious meal.
b. Grooming the kids to be more independent in their daily activities.
c. Help them achieve financial independence through self-employment.
d. To empower the parents to be strong in bringing up their kids.
Activities – Some of our programs are;
1. Therapeutic services- Through physiotherapy and occupational therapy, disabled
children adjust to their situation and are given activities to nurture their abilities.
Speech therapy is a very important tool for children with learning disabilities.
2. Pre-School – We prepare children to learn self-control and improve their abilities
to cope with school teaching.
3. Computer unit – Basics of computer and usage of word and internet are thought
to the children.
4. Horticulture Unit – Our intention is to provide skills for those disabilities
who have not had and can’t have years of schooling.
5. Networking and advocacy – We organize groups with parents and relatives of disabled
people to empower people with disability to access resource.
6. Livelihood – our final goal is to offer employment to people with learning disabilities
in a safe environment where there rights will be always respected.
Team – Our in-house staff consists of Therapist, a Horticulturist, a nurse
and a care taker. We have drivers to pick up and drop the kids from home. We have
teamed up with Chandra sekhar Institute of Hearing and Speech Therapy to provide
speech and psychological group therapy.